Silver Air is a leading private aircraft management company and direct charter operator that delivers a transparent, owner-advocate approach to management creating valuable partnerships with private jet owners. Founded in 2008, the company is based in Southern California with corporate offices in Santa Barbara. Silver Air manages a comprehensive fleet of aircraft from light to long-range heavy jets and a global network operating around the clock, 24-hours-a-day.
Teamwork, culture, environment – Silver Air is driven to be the best in our industry – to change our industry by creating an environment where our team members can be their very best individually and collectively.
We've built a culture based on core values like teamwork, hard work, and empowerment. Silver Air fosters an environment of safety-first flight operations and service-first client relations. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we encourage contribution and collaboration. Utilizing the latest technologies interwoven with industry leading business practices ensures an environment of peak productivity and professionalism.
Silver Air believes in promoting a healthy and productive lifestyle while giving back to our communities. We're are driven to grow as a company and as people.
Purpose of Role:
To safely manage daily maintenance requirements of the fleet and communicate with internal departments, flight crew, and maintenance vendors. All company positions share the responsibility of maintaining situational awareness of operations during routine and AOG activity. All company positions are expected to take initiative to aid in recovery, changes, and transitions of crew and aircraft that share a common goal of safely maximizing revenue opportunities. Communication and teamwork are key requirements.
- Safely managing daily maintenance requirements of the Silver Air fleet in a timely manner
- Communicate with Flight Support and internal departments on aircraft status focusing on aircraft in work, awaiting maintenance, and/or awaiting parts
- Make accurate and efficient decisions on changes in schedule to resolve conflicts between MX events and the operations schedule
- Responsible for coordinating w/ Ops, QC, Customer Service, MX Vendors, FBOs and Flight crews on all maintenance events
- Responsible for requesting quotes and scheduling service for MX events with Silver Air approved maintenance facilities and mechanics
- Ensuring accurate and timely information is conveyed to operations for AOG and delayed aircraft
- Responsible for building, scheduling, and releasing fleet detailing and MX work orders
- Responsible for applying and managing fleet MELs, CDLs and GMM procedures
- Maintain and update service tracking software on all MX events such as CAMP, CMP, JetInsight, FlightDocs
- Responsible for releasing aircraft for RTS in accordance with company and FAA guidelines
- Responsible for Airworthiness Releases and Special Flight Permits
- Responsible for providing workday turnovers and reports of sufficient detail to ensure open issues receive appropriate attention and follow through
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills desirable
- Must hold and maintain FAA Airframe and Powerplant license (A&P)
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- At least 5 years of FAR Part 135 / 145 maintenance experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and task management skills
- Must be computer savvy with experience using Microsoft Office, typing skills are an advantage
- Experience with CAMP, FlightDocs, CMP, Corridor, or other maintenance specific applications is highly desirable
- Must be a clear and concise verbal and written communicator
- Must be able to work weekends and occasional overtime or on-call
- Must be able travel for training or other company requirements
- Must be able to adhere to pre-employment and random drug & alcohol screening.
- Department: Maintenance
- Location: Silver Air Corporate Offices, Santa Barbara, CA
- Reports to: Director of Maintenance
- Position type: Full-time
- Expected hours: 4/10 Compressed Work Schedule. Weekend and on-call availability a must.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we encourage contribution and collaboration. Utilizing the latest technologies interwoven with industry leading business practices ensures an environment of peak productivity and professionalism.
- Jason Middleton, CEO
Business and Pleasure