We are looking for an energetic Maintenance Technician to join our growing team at Silver Air. The Maintenance Technician will provide technical expertise on the overall management of the aircraft and its continued airworthiness, vendor selection, parts search and selection, time management, and courses of action review and selection. All company positions share the responsibility of maintaining situational awareness of operations during routine and AOG activity. All company positions are expected to take initiative to aid in recovery, changes, and transitions of crew and aircraft that share a common goal of safely maximizing revenue opportunities. Communication and teamwork are key requirements.
What you will do:
- Receiving and seeing off Technician assigned aircraft in order to quickly identify and troubleshoot potential discrepancies that would otherwise disrupt trip plans.
- Creating a due list projecting 90 days, 90 hours and 90 cycles. Collaborate with maintenance planning to schedule upcoming maintenance (MX) to maintain the airworthiness of the aircraft and optimize scheduling.
- Verifying an accurate airworthiness status within the appropriate maintenance tracking program.
- Providing “Aircraft on Ground” support to Maintenance Control in the event of mission-disruptive discrepancies in order to identify the cause and provide corrective action.
- Reviewing multiple quotes and courses of action when scheduling MX, ensuring vendor authorization, initially alerting the Owner and Operations (Ops), and managing the event to include:
- Producing and submitting a MX check-in form to the vendor, with due list if applicable.
- Receiving the signed accepted check-in form acknowledging the agreed work scope.
- Daily monitoring of the vendor and providing progress reports to Maintenance Control.
- Coordinating with Maintenance Control to expedite submission of accurate and necessary paperwork required for a return to service of aircraft.
- Reviewing final invoices for accuracy and work scope adherence and confirming payment with Maintenance Control.
- Traveling to off-site locations in order to conduct aircraft maintenance directly, provide knowledgeable guidance to approved vendors, or provide an on-site review of potential purchase.
- Maintaining the Silver Air hangar, Van Nuys office, and toolset in accordance with Company policy, industry safety standards, and FAA regulations.
- Personal time management that provides essential support to the Silver Air team and allows for enough time away from work.
- Assisting in tasks that require extra personnel, such as required inspection items, movement of the aircraft, and other tasks requiring additional support.
- Assisting in delegated functions, to include all tasks assigned by the VP of Maintenance Operations.
What will set you up for success:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- 7+ years’ maintenance tech and/or maintenance controller experience
- 5+ years’ Part 135 experience preferred
- A&P License required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Maintenance tracking software (CAMP, Flight docs, CMP) preferred
Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed and available for oncall.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Manual dexterity required.
Silver Air is a leading private aircraft management company and direct charter operator that delivers a transparent, owner-advocate approach to management creating valuable partnerships with private jet owners. Founded in 2008, the company is based in Southern California with corporate offices in Santa Barbara. Silver Air manages a comprehensive fleet of aircraft from light to long-range heavy jets and a global network operating around the clock, 24-hours-a-day.
Teamwork, culture, environment – Silver Air is driven to be the best in our industry – to change our industry by creating an environment where our team members can be their very best individually and collectively.
We've built a culture based on core values like teamwork, hard work, and empowerment. Silver Air fosters an environment of safety-first flight operations and service-first client relations. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we encourage contribution and collaboration. Utilizing the latest technologies interwoven with industry leading business practices ensures an environment of peak productivity and professionalism.
Silver Air offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package which includes match on retirement savings, and a flexible time off policy.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we encourage contribution and collaboration. Utilizing the latest technologies interwoven with industry leading business practices ensures an environment of peak productivity and professionalism.
- Jason Middleton, CEO
Business and Pleasure