Fresno, CA or Santa Barbara, CA
Reporting to the EVP of Fleet/DOM, the Chief Inspector has direct responsibility for managing fleet airworthiness, Aircraft conformities, regulatory compliance, RII, and QA Team training. Ensuring that all activities are managed with safety and compliance as highest priority, the successful incumbent will manager ongoing fleet conformity requirements for the Company’s 135 certificate, develop and maintain policies and standards to comply with applicable FARs, train employees and vendors on the policies and regulations, and manage the accuracy and retention of all maintenance and inspection records for work performed on Silver Air aircraft.
What you will do:
- Responsible for developing and managing maintenance return to service (RTS) processes that ensure the highest standards of airworthiness are met and maintained.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities within the maintenance department and plans activities in conjunction with other departments to achieve and maintain airworthiness standards.
- Ensures maintenance tracking systems agree with approved maintenance program tasks and standards.
- Ensures proper resources including vendor capabilities, parts and tooling are allocated and available to perform the scheduled tasks.
- Develops and maintains inspection policies, standards, methods, and procedures utilized by Silver Air to comply with applicable FARs.
- Issues inspection authority to individuals who meet stringent company quality standards and adhere to the rules of Silver Air / FARs.
- Develops and administers training in Silver Air’s maintenance policies, processes and procedures to Silver Air personnel and vendors performing work on behalf of Silver Air.
- Maintains a database of training records for Silver Air’s maintenance personnel and Silver Air vendor personnel to demonstrate compliance with training.
- Maintains a database of vendors who meet the requirements for full and permanent authorization to perform work on behalf of Silver Air.
- Maintains a database of vendor performance based on Vendor non-conformances.
- Coordinates Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action requests to Vendors whenever vendor performance becomes questionable.
- Develops and maintains robust Return-to-Service policies, procedures and standards to ensure maintenance and inspections are properly complied with, tracked appropriately in Silver Air’s maintenance tracking systems and can demonstrate the airworthiness of aircraft operated by Silver Air.
- Ensures aviation material including parts, supplies, and services provided by approved suppliers and vendors meet Silver Air’s airworthiness standards.
- Reports Malfunctions, Failures and Defects (MFD), Service Difficulty Reports (SDR), Maintenance Interruption Summary (MIS) Reports, Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUOs) and Self- Disclosures after first performing internal investigations, as may be required.
- Allocates resources to sustain risk management activities.
- Investigates accidents and serious incidents.
- Adopts appropriate best industry practices.
- Promotes aviation safety including the exchange of safety related information.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will set you up for success:
- 5+ years directly related aviation experience (corporate aircraft experience preferred)
- 3+ years of conducting aircraft inspections
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license (A&P) required
- Ability to multi-task within a team environment
- Must have a general working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s)
- Aircraft 135 conformity experience
- Ability to function effectively independently or as a team member
- Successful candidate will be highly motivated individual and a self-starter who works effectively under pressure and within time constraints
- Comprehensive written and oral communication skills
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Windows and MS Office programs
- Aptitude to learn software and programs
- Basic knowledge of business processes, exceptional organization, and record keeping skills required
Silver Air is a leading private aircraft management company and direct charter operator that delivers a transparent, owner-advocate approach to management creating valuable partnerships with private jet owners. Founded in 2008, the company is based in Southern California with corporate offices in Santa Barbara. Silver Air manages a comprehensive fleet of aircraft from light to long-range heavy jets and a global network operating around the clock, 24-hours-a-day.
Teamwork, culture, environment – Silver Air is driven to be the best in our industry – to change our industry by creating an environment where our team members can be their very best individually and collectively.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we encourage contribution and collaboration. Utilizing the latest technologies interwoven with industry leading business practices ensures an environment of peak productivity and professionalism.
- Jason Middleton, CEO
Business and Pleasure